- Hazelden Betty Ford partners with St. Elizabeth Healthcare in Kentucky to fight heroin and prescription drug abuse in the state. The St. Elizabeth project will be using Hazelden Betty Ford’s “Heroin and Prescription Drug Toolkit” and “COR-12 Best Practices Manual.” Read more by clicking here (http://www.thefix.com/content/hazelden-betty-ford-foundation-partners-st-elizabeth-healthcare-fight-heroin-abuse-kentucky#.VYhsTz3ZEmE.email)
- NIDA announces the first recipients of the Avenir Award for Research on Substance Abuse and HIV/AIDS. These awards are for early stage investigators and winners will receive up to $300,000 per year for five years to fund research. Read more by clicking here (http://www.drugabuse.gov/news-events/news-releases/2015/06/nida-announces-new-awards-early-stage-investigators).
- CCAPP CEO, Susan Blacksher, announces her retirement. Blacksher is currently in her fiftieth year of service to addiction treatment programs and will be directing CCAPP until a replacement is found. Read more by clicking here (http://www.multibriefs.com/briefs/caadac/Susan-Blacksher-retirement-announcement.pdf)
- Sovereign Health welcomes David Koehn, PhD, as the site training director at the Fort Meyers, Florida facility. Dr. Koehn has been providing psychological services to both North Carolina and Florida for over thirty years. Read more by clicking here (http://myemail.constantcontact.com/-Webinar—Relationship-of-Trauma–Post-Traumatic-Stress-Disorder-and-Intimacy-.html?soid=1103299327109&aid=qdZevEcPKHM)
- NAATP announces the recipients of the 2015 Awards for Excellence in Addiction Treatment. Winners include Jim Marcotte of English Mountain Recovery, Memorial Hermann Prevention and Recovery Center, and others. Read more by clicking here (http://englishmountainrecovery.org/treatment/2015/06/ceea5204-66d5-4e4b-bc57-dacfb28bfda5.pdf)
Have an announcement you want featured in Counselor Connection
? Contact the editor, Leah Honarbakhsh, at [email protected]