- The National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention welcomes three new executive committee members to the Action Alliance. These members are Andrew Bertagnolli, PhD from Kaiser Permanente; Patrick J. Kennedy from the Kennedy Forum; and Kay Warren of Saddleback Church. Read more by clicking here.
- Good Future Rehab in Delray Beach, Florida earns its CARF accreditation. Good Future is an independent, nonprofit that provides a range of services including women’s addiction treatment, prescription drug addiction treatment, and sober living. Read more by clicking here.
- Hazelden Betty Ford creates an educational curriculum to train medical student about addiction. The curriculum is called Course on Addiction and Recovery Education (CARE) and can be subscribed to via the distributor MedU. Read more by clicking here.
- SAMHSA’s Disaster Distress Helpline (1-800-985-5990) provides assistance to those affected by the unrest in Baltimore, MD. The helpline connects callers to trained professionals in the closest crisis counseling center. Read more by clicking here.
- Father Martin’s Ashley announces plans to create the Ashley Outpatient Treatment Center, which will be located at the University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake Medical Center. The Center is to open this summer. Read more by clicking here.
- The Florida House recently passed a bill to make sober living homes safer for recovering addicts and alcoholics. The bill allows recovery residences to be certified by the state, and will prohibit treatment centers from referring patients to residences that are not certified. Read more by clicking here.
Have an announcement you want featured in Counselor Connection
? Contact the editor, Leah Honarbakhsh, at [email protected]